Saturday, July 7, 2007

Left hand slipping with iron shots --> gripping problem

I had this problem intermittently this year that my left hand sometimes slips with iron shots. Last week, I thought it might be I need to change my glove. Today with my new glove, after Hole #4, it still slipped with almost every iron shot. What the heck is that? I got to fix this problem.

When I got back home, I checked out my golf instruction books and now I think I figured it out. It should be a gripping problem. My left hand gripped clubs with too much fingers. I just need to use more palm to hold the club firmly, but not too much pressure though. I will try out this new grip in the driving range next week.

My pitching pratice last week paid off in today's round. I pitched to about 5~6 feet to the hole at least 3 times, but they were all wasted with my terrible putting. Today my chipping was also ok, but I missed 5+ short putts (5~7 feet) and had 37 total putts toward a 95.

My driving today was good, 9 out of 14 fairway. The misses were not bad either. 3 GIR, 2 other shots were very close to the green.

Got a birdie at Glenview South Hole #2, and that was the only putt I made longer than 10 feet today.

No comments: