Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Fixed driver slices, but putting not so good.

Went to Crooked Tree course's driving range on Sunday (July 1) evening and hit a big bucket of balls, mostly with driver. With the club face a little closed, my stance square or a little closed, and an easy swing, I managed to avoid slices for most driver hits.

Went to Crooked Tree on July 4th after some heavy rain and played 18 holes in less than 4 hours. Hit 10 out of 12 fairways, most of them are quite straight, right in the middle of faiway.
There are a couple of slices/fades though, but only one went far away from fairway, the other fairway miss was due to an unlucky bounce.

However, my putting was not good on the back 9. I needed only 15 putts for the front 9, including a 0-putt at a par 3 (yes, made a chip-in birdie). But I had 22 putts for the back 9, including four 3-putts.

The total score is 93 (front 9: 43, back 9: 50). Although Crooked Tree is a par-70 course, I think it is more difficult to break 90 on this course than Glenview. I would have broken 90, if I had played the back 9 a little better.

Now I need to focus on approach shots (fairway woods, irons, and more importantly: pitching shots) at the driving range.

No comments: