Saturday, June 29, 2013

Swing Adjustments

It seems I need to struggle with iron shanks every summer (June/July)... Had a couple of shanks

From previous experiences in 2012, tried baseball grip, it works, but I still tend to pull to left as before.
Tried to fully extend arms, and move ball position a little forward, this one does not work as well as before. Maybe extending arms would tend to overswing...

Back to basic, here are some swing tip videos (Paul Wilson) that I reviewed:

How to relax and increase swing speed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lROE1r9S9D4
(this is a different approach than swing-set-through, and it takes more practice/time to gain swing speed, but it could help to build a more consistent swing)

How to swing like Ernie Els:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yju_MLjGqWM

Effortless Golf Swing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpdkuC3H_k

For irons, now I would try effortless golf swing, back swing to a more upright position, try not to over turn / over swing, and use lower body (waist/hip) to generate swing speed. Tried this at Crooked Tree range, and it seemed to be working, at least for this evening...

For fairway woods, I would do the same as irons.

For driver, I would still use swing-set-through method.

I think when I am getting more comfortable with this new swing adjustment for irons/fairway woods, then I will try swing-set-through tempo because at that time I would know exactly where to stop at the top of back swing, and just go there directly and more quickly...

No comments: